The Secret To Total Flea Control For Your Texarkana Home
June 17, 2023
If you're like most homeowners, you don't give much thought to fleas until you start seeing them everywhere. Unfortunately, it's usually too late by that point, and you have a full-blown infestation on your hands. The Texarkana pest control experts at Pest-Pro Services will go over all you need to know about fleas so that you can take action before things get out of hand. We'll cover how to identify a flea problem, what to do if your home is infested, and how to prevent future infestations from happening.
How To Tell If You're Dealing With A Flea Infestation In Your Home
It can be tricky to find fleas because they're so small and move so fast. The best way to tell if you have a flea infestation is to look for signs of flea activity around your home. These signs include:
- Small, dark specks of flea droppings on your floors or furniture.
- Tiny, brown adult fleas that are jumping around.
- Excessive scratching or biting from your pets as fleas feed on their blood.
If you see any of these signs in your home, it's time to take action against the fleas. The longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
How Fleas Can Be Harmful To Both People And Pets
Fleas in Texarkana are more than just a nuisance; they're actually dangerous parasites that can cause health problems for both people and pets:
Flea bites on humans can cause an allergic reaction in some people, leading to intense itching, swelling, and redness. In severe cases, flea bites can even cause anaphylactic shock. They can also spread diseases to humans, such as the bubonic plague and typhus fever.
Fleas can infest dogs and cats, causing them to lose hair, develop skin problems, and become anemic. In extreme cases, flea infestations can even kill pets. They can also transmit diseases to pets, such as tapeworms.
Clearly, fleas are not something to be taken lightly. If you think you might have a flea problem in your home, it's important to take steps to eliminate them.
The Best Way To Completely Eliminate A Flea Infestation
There are a variety of products on the market that can help with flea control, but the best way to get rid of fleas in your home is to hire a professional home pest control company like Pest-Pro Services. We have the experience and expertise to safely and effectively eliminate fleas from your home. We'll work quickly to get rid of the fleas in your home and take steps to prevent them in the future.
Five Naturally Effective Ways To Prevent Future Flea Infestations
Here are some things you can do to naturally prevent fleas from taking up residence in your home again:
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris. Fleas like to hide in tall grass, piles of leaves, and other clutter.
- Vacuum regularly and wash all bedding, curtains, and rugs in hot water.
- Keep pets clean and well-groomed. Regular baths and haircuts will help prevent fleas from living in their fur. You should also talk to your vet about preventive year-round flea treatment.
- Use natural, pet-safe indoor flea spray made from repellents like cedar oil or lemon juice.
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home's foundation to prevent fleas from getting inside.
By taking these simple prevention measures, you can help keep your Texarkana home flea-free all year long. For extra peace of mind, schedule regular pest control treatments with Pest-Pro Services. We can help identify potential flea hot spots in your home and yard and treat them accordingly.
You can finally say goodbye to those pesky fleas for good with proper prevention and treatment. Call us today to learn more about flea control or to request a free quote.